The following key essentials and features are always taken into account.
- It should be located in a suitable place to facilitate receipt of goods as well as their use.
- It should have appropriate features i.e. buildings which are suitable for the types of goods stored
- It should be equipped with appropriate facilities i.e. equipment and machines for handling goods e.g. It should be have refrigerators to handle perishable goods.
- It should be equipped with safety equipment and facilities necessary for protection of goods.
- It should be accessible to its users-It should be linked with good and appropriate transport system to facilitate movement of goods in and out of warehouse.
- It should have a good communication network for communication to be effective between the clients and the operators.
- The warehouse staff should be well trained and efficient for proper management of goods stored.
- There should be a proper recording system in a warehouse to ensure movement of goods is monitored properly.
- It should have adequate space/size.
- Its operations and goods stored should be within the requirement of the law.
(Visited 401 times, 1 visits today)