Any warehouse is said to be ideal if posses the following characteristics.
- Warehouse should be located at a convenient place near highways, railways stations, airports and seaports where the goods can be loaded and unloaded easily.
- It should have mechanical appliances for loading and unloading goods. This reduces the wastage in handling and also minimizes handling costs.
- Adequate space should be available inside the building to keep the goods in proper order.
- Warehouse meant for preservation should have cold storage facilities.
- Proper arrangement should be there to protect the good from sunlight, rain, moisture and pest.
- Sufficient packing space should be there inside the premises to facilitate easy and quick loading and unloading.
- Should have proper security arrangement to avoid theft of goods.
- The building should be fitted with latest firefighting equipment to avoid loss of goods due to fire.
(Visited 65 times, 1 visits today)