This refers to all activities involved in selling goods or services directly to final consumers for their personal, non-business use.
Retailer-Business whose sales come primarily from retailing
DESCRIBE WAYS IN WHICH ADVANCES IN TECHNOLOGY HAVE ENHANCED THE LEVEL OF CUSTOMERS SERVICE PROVISION BY RETAILERS/GROWING IMPORTANCE OF RETAIL TECHNOLOGY.
- Check-out scanning systems.
- Online transaction processing.
- Electronic fund transfer.
- Electronic data interchange.
- In-store television
- Improved merchandise-handling systems
- Wireless transactions.
ROLES OF RETAILERS
This roles are mainly classified into three main scopes; consumers, wholesalers and manufactures. They include.
- Bringing easy access to goods.
- Offers a wide variety of goods.
- Stocks goods for consumers
- Bulk breaking large stocks for consumers as well as wholesalers and manufacturers.
- Offers after sale services.
- Ensures regular supply of goods
- Offers credit facilities.
- Offers outlet for goods.
- Offers storage facilities
- Offers financial services by buying from the wholesalers and manufacturer.
- They usually necessitate or conduct product promotion for goods.
- Offers financial advice to product response by consumers.