Advantages of Centralized filling
- Leads to development of specialist filing staff.
- All files are controlled in one room.
- More supervision and control files are possible.
- It ensures that all correspondence about the same subjects are filed together.
- A Uniform system of filing can be established throughout the organization.
Disadvantages of Departmental filling
- Files are quickly made available as they are not too many.
- As every department keeps its files within, they are readily available.
- The filing system is not so large and therefore easier to handle.
- It doesn’t need a specialist staff for filing and this reduces costs.
- It’s more suitable for confidential documents as they aren’t open to every member or the filing department
(Visited 3,082 times, 1 visits today)