- They are only suitable for transporting large volumes of commodities
- It contributes to unemployment since they are capital intensive (usage of machines).
- Not suitable for bulky goods which are of awkward or irregular shape.
- They require special handling equipment for loading and offloading
- They are not recommended to transport very fragile commodities
- They require big space for packaging and offloading.
- The cost of manufacturing containers is very high since they are made of expensive materials e.g. steel.
(Visited 37 times, 1 visits today)