E-commerce /it have improved distribution system and enhanced communication among members. It involves use of computers, mobile phones, internet, electronic payments e.g. Mpesa etc.
- Use of mobile phones and emails helps channel members to communicate in fast manner on issues regarding distribution of products.
- Helps in monitoring and branding movement of goods.
- Use of EDI among channel members helps them to always to be in touch to each other.
- Marketing may also be carried out by channel members through internet.
- Use of computerized system in storage helps channel members to store their goods in modern way which is more effective.
- Use of electronic payments among channel members helps to pick transaction and is also cheap compared to traditional methods e.g. ATMS, MPESA etc.
- Use of modern ways of ordering goods e.g. making online orders and use of emails assists in saving costs and continuity in production processes.
- Use of e-sourcing in locating suppliers.
(Visited 239 times, 1 visits today)