The government is the body of persons who rule the country.
The main functions of the government are:
- Protective function –Maintaining peace and security in the country and protect the country against external aggression.
- Social function–Provides social services are vital for the welfare of the society
- Development function –The government develops irrigation transport & communication, industrial agricultural systems of the country for the rapid increase in the rate of economic growth.
The government is involved in business activities in two ways:
- Directly i.e. establishment of public corporation, parastatals, local bodies etc.
- Indirectly i.e. control the activities of the private business enterprise to ensure the production of high standard goods and protect the interest of consumers.
(Visited 708 times, 2 visits today)