- To provide a buffer between supply and demand.
- To take advantage of quantity discounts.
- To account for seasonal fluctuation in price, supply and demand.
- To help the production and distribution operations run more smoothly.
- To minimize production delays caused by lack of spare parts.
- To provide a variety of materials from which the customer can select.
- Some materials appreciate in value with long storage
- To accommodate variation in demand.
(Visited 9,267 times, 1 visits today)
One thought on “Reasons for Holding Stock”
Certificate in building technology past papers