IMPORTANCE OF MATERIAL HANDLING IN SUPPLY AND TRANSPORT MANAGEMENT
In warehouse, the material handling operation is performed at the following stages:
- Unloading the incoming material from transport vehicles;
- Moving the unloaded material to the assigned storage place in the warehouse;
- Lifting the material from its storage place during order picking;
- Moving the material for inspection and packing;
- Loading the packages, boxes or cartons on to the transport vehicles.
- Transportation of materials from stores to shops.
- Proper positioning of purchased material for the purpose of storage.
- Transportation during process from one machine to other.
- Unloading the imported materials from trucks or trolley.
- To make the economical use of floor space.
- To maintain suitable flexibility of arrangements and layouts.
(Visited 662 times, 1 visits today)
One thought on “Importance of material handling in supply and transport management”
Nice notes..Yeah that’s correct