Importance of classification and coding of materials
- Helps accurately identify all items a separate code is allocated to each of the items in the warehouse indicating size quality and special characteristics this distinguishes one item from the other even if the make is similar which help in accurate identification and eliminates any possibilities of confusion.
- Prevents duplication of items separately codified and arranged in a biological order similar materials are grouped together and given a unique code ,once a code is allocated to a particular group in no case is it changed and since each item has a different code number there is no room for confusion in placing order .
- Simplifies mechanical coding.
- Simplifies pricing and costing of materials.
- Enhances efficient inspection.
(Visited 2,021 times, 1 visits today)