The World Bank defines a hybrid organizational structure as one in which more than one organizational design is used. This allows a company more flexibility in distributing work and assigning job roles. It can be especially beneficial in small business, where there are fewer employees to manage daily operations.
Advantages of Hybrid structure in supply chain management
- Alignment of corporate and divisional goals.
- Functional expertise and efficiency.
- Adaptability and flexibility in divisions.
Disadvantages of Hybrid structure in supply chain management
- Conflicts between corporate departments and units.
- Excessive administration overhead.
- Slow response to exceptional situations.
Uses of Hybrid structure in supply chain management
Used in organisations that face considerable environmental uncertainty that can be met through a divisional structure and that also required functional expertise or efficiency