MEANING OF HIV AND AIDS
• HIV means (human immunodeficiency virus) which causes AIDS.
• AIDS means (acquired immunodeficiency virus)
WAYS THROUGH WHICH HIV IS TRANSMITTED
- Blood transmission.
- Sexual activity.
- Sharing of objects i.e. syringes.
- Breastfeeding of baby by affected mother.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF AIDS
- Dry cough
- Rapid weight loss
- Night sweat
- Profound and unexplained fatigue
- Swelling lymph nodes in the armpits, groin, &neck
- Diarrhea (chronic)
- White sports or unusual blemishes on the tongue in the mouth, in the throat
- Red brown, pink or purplish blotches on the skin, inside the mouth, the nose or eye lids
- Memory loss
- Depression and other neurological disorders
- Herpes zoster
- Herpes simplex
- Itchy skin
- Thrush in the mouth
- Difficulty thinking clearly
- Tired all the time (fatigue)
- Changes in hearing, taste, vision, touch, smell
WAYS OF PREVENTING HIV/AIDS INFECTION
- Use of concern during sexual intercourse.
- Taking education of causes of HIV/AIDS diseases.
- Needle exchange and harm reduction of blood during transmission.
- Over viewing of HIV prevention –introducing HIV prevention around the world.
- Prevention of HIV transmission from mother to the child i.e. avoiding breastfeeding.
- Taking treatment i.e. taking drugs ARV’S.
WAYS OF TAKING CARE AND SUPPORTING THE AFFECTED AND INFECTED PEOPLE
- Educating the victims on how to prevent spread out of the disease (guidance and counseling)
- Providing nutritious food.
- Providing of healthcare.
- Keeping company.
- Washing clothes and keeping the place clean.
- Showing love and care.
- Provincial of capital finance.
INTERVENTIONS FOR HIV & AIDS
- Increased self-awareness
- Behavior change
- Showing empathy
- HIV & AIDS Education: reinforce community outreach programs
- Change of attitude
- Promotion of long healthy life
(Visited 837 times, 1 visits today)