Features of human want apart from the fact that they require resources to satisfy
- They are insatiable/endless/unlimited- The satisfaction of one human need leads to the need to still have it but in a more improved way. One has a car, for instance but still works hard to buy a better one.
- Some are universal- some human wants like food and clothing are common to all human beings
- They are complementary- Some human needs, once satisfied will require that others are also satisfied so as for it to work or serve its purpose. For instance if on acquires a car, he or she must buy fuel so that he car can run.
- They are repetitive/recurrent- Some human needs like hunger can only be satisfied temporarily
- They are habit forming/addictive- use of certain goods to satisfy some needs may lead to dependence on such substances
- They vary in urgency and intensity- Some human wants are more urgent than others
- They are dynamic- Human needs change with time, age, health status, social and even economic status
- They are competitive- Human wants always compete for attention. Each would like to be satisfied first.
(Visited 636 times, 1 visits today)