FACTORS TO CONSIDER WHEN SELECTING PRESERVATION METHOD TO USE:
- The nature and characteristics of the goods and unit loads to be preserved
- The effective utilization of building volume-horizontal and vertical:
- Good access when needed.
- Maintenance of material condition and integrity;
- Space-land, building and building services;
- Fire protection;
- Handling equipment including maintenance;
- Weathertight make sure windows and doors fit securely.
- Watertight do not store records or archives near plumbing pipes,sinks or toilets.
- Cool and dry -there should be good air circulation.
- Free from damp.
- Clean and free of dust-
- Not subject to fluctuating changes in temperature do not store records near sources of heat or where temperatures are likely to
- fluctuate dramatically.
- Not exposed to natural or strong light records should be stored out of direct sunlight
(Visited 2,156 times, 1 visits today)