Causes of failures or constraints in project planning
Project planning may fail due to one or more of the reasons or constraints hereunder:
- Failure to understand and interpret the project objectives accurately by the stakeholders.
- Inadequate funding that may lead to the stalling of plan.
- Attempts to cover too much within too limited time.
- Use of inaccurate and inadequate data in planning the project.
- Engaging incompetent and unethical staff in project planning.
- Failure to organize, harmonize and coordinate project plan activities systematically.
- Use of inappropriate technologies in the project planning.
- Lack of true support and total commitment from the key stakeholders.
- Use of inappropriate materials in the project plan.
- Lack of strong co-operation and teamwork among the key stakeholders.
- Poor feasibility studies leading to the selection of a wrong project.
- Exit of key technical staff from project planning without proper replacement.
- Failure to comply with legal and regulatory requirements in place.
(Visited 370 times, 1 visits today)