Many of the aspects of supplier appraisal are neatly summarized by Carter as the ten Cs of supplier evaluation.
- Competency of the supplier to undertake the task required.
- Capacity of the supplier to meet the purchaser’s total needs.
- Commitment of the supplier to the customer needs regarding quality, cost reduction and improvement of service levels.
- Control system in relation to inventory, cost, budgets, people and information.
- Cash resources and financial stability ensuring that the selected supplier is financially sound and is able to continue in the business in the foreseeable future.
- Cost commensurate with quality and services.
- Consistency the ability of the supplier to deliver consistently and where possible improve levels of quality and service.
- Culture: Culture affects the employees‟ attitude which determines quality of goods and services.
(Visited 47 times, 1 visits today)