- Spurring economic growth and development – investments being made by savings made by clients and others offered to businesses and individuals as loans.
- Currency and economic stability – it ensures that the value of a countrys currency is stable in relation to other countries currencies.
- Smooth operation of the money market – i.e. short term finances required by businesses by buying or selling securities and bonds
- Equitable development – it ensures that credit is available to all the sectors of the economy.
- Regulating and financing banks and other financial institutions – this ensures stability in the country’s economic environment.
- Regulating money supply – it plays an important role in ensuring that adequate money is available in the economy to ensure expansion of economic activities.
(Visited 117 times, 1 visits today)