Factors considered in selecting stores layout
- The number and location of the outlying units which are to be served
- The number of items of stock to be held /flow of goods in the store i.e. how much material will be received and issued each day
- What major handling equipment will be used i.e. overhead or mobile cranes
- The nature of materials to be stocked and the type of transport and handling equipment’s
- Size and configuration of site must be adequate to accommodate the required equipment’s
- Financial considerations i.e. rent cost of ownership, construction and partitioning of the warehouse.
(Visited 2,330 times, 1 visits today)