- Fight and flight response i.e. increased heart rate, breathing rate the muscle tense the mind becomes alert and ready to respond.
- When you are under stress the immune system doesn’t function efficiently. You can get infections and diseases easily.
- It can cause headaches, diarrhea, high blood pressure which may increase the risk of heart disease.
- It can lead to eating disorders burning attacks, phobia, violent behavior, depression or suicide.
- Inability to concentrate, memory loss, increased use of tobacco or cigarettes drug abuse and hopelessness and helplessness.
- Under stress you don’t think clearly so you are more at risk eg can easily fall sick.
- With stress you may have difficult enjoying positive things in life. You may also engage in risky behavior or immorality and get STDs and AIDS.
- You may lose interest in your academics and stop paying attention in class causing your brain to drop.
- Social maladjustment you may withdraw from participation in extra-curricular activities and keep away from friends you may exhibit anti-social behavior e.g. be argumentative or taking drugs.
- If you feel too much pressure to succeed you may look for ways to fail in order to relief that pressure.
- Some lose interest in the appearance for example not dressing well and not paying attention to personal hygiene.
- Post traumatic stress disorder (PSTD). People who have suffered a traumatic experience /event or life situation such as robbery, death natural disaster or war often live with long term stress.
(Visited 127 times, 1 visits today)