1. Receiving-this usually involves;
- Inspecting the goods to ensure they are in the good condition.
- Grading and coding of goods in order to identify them easily at the time of issue.
- Recording the receipt of goods into the warehouse.
2. Storage-this usually involves;
- Providing facilities and machines which ensure proper storage of goods in the warehouse.
- Recording the movement of goods into and out of the warehouse.
- Stock taking to ensure the actual quantity held corresponds to the stocks records.
3. Distribution/releasing when needed-this involves;
- Receipt of requisitions for goods by either the owner /buyer.
- Preparation by such methods e.g. packaging.
- Inspection of the goods to be issued.
- Preparation and verification of documents accompanying the goods to be issued.
- Recording the goods to be issued.
- Arranging for transportation of the issued goods.
(Visited 57 times, 1 visits today)