Millions of Kenyan children cannot attend school. The governments own estimates admit that most of the more than four million children out of school are child workers (ANPPCAN Kenya).
Child rights crisis has many different causes, economic, political and cultural, and requires a broad-based, multi-sectoral response. Every sector of Kenyan society needs to be involved in developing practical and effective measures to address the myriad problems facing our children (including child labor).
Possible interventions to eliminate child Labor
- Enforcing laws on child rights
- Parents, children, teachers, employers, and communities
- Educate children through curriculum
- Empowering community leaders and local administration
- Organizing lobby groups at community levels
- Setting help/reporting desks at community levels