The following are some of the common causes of drug and substance abuse
- Pressure to perform well in examination
- Work / academic overload
- Family problems like rejection and a shaky family background
- Peer pressure
- To escape from problem at home or workplace
- Poor parenting in terms of modeling as well as laxity among the parents hence loosing influence over their children’s lives.
- Media influence
- Social economic conditions and background, for example coming from “miraa” growing area
- Failure to develop prosocial values in early life
- Religious and cultural influences e.g. Rastafarianism.
- Desire to have a another sense of holiness
- Learners with excess pocket money may be tempted to abuse drugs
(Visited 121 times, 1 visits today)