Power is necessary in an organization because it helps managers fulfill their leadership responsibilities; it also helps all employees influence others in pursuit of organizational and personal goals. Two key benefits are the
- Ability to inspire commitment (as a reaction to expert or referent power) and
- The ability to reduce uncertainty for others in the organization.
Empowerment leads to other benefits, such as
- Support for creativity and
- Reduction of bureaucratic obstacles.
The main disadvantage is
- The potential for misuse and abuse, which can harm individuals and the organization.
(Visited 2,521 times, 1 visits today)